Saturday, August 11, 2007

Something to kick-start your week....(and maybe your life!)

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to write some inspirational email "clips" to send house-wide at the hospital where I work. I had been familiar with the story of Rick and Dick Hoyt but in preparing these clips I became more aware of the challenge they live daily and so much of what they've accomplished. Its a simply amazing story.

This stuff still goes on. People live amazing lives of triumph that go unnoticed and seldom make the headlines. Single moms support their families. The poor find a way to survive. So many fight daily the challenges of this world with bravery I can only imagine. The past few years have taught me a lot about life's obstacles and I believe I'm better for it. But you know, I really haven't seem much. Rick Hoyt is a man that faces daily something I can't begin to imagine. I've got a friend with the very same condition that is an extraordinary example to me as well. His determination and strength are amazing.

I've attached the clip below so that maybe you'll become inspired by these men. Maybe you'll catch a glimpse of their strength and, like me, be changed because of it.

No comments: