Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Let me tell ya a'lil bout Mexico...

Spent the past 3 or 4 days in Monclova, Mexico. Those familiar with Mexico's landscape know there really isn't much to admire about this place. It is quite dusty, not too terribly developed and, in many places, not all that clean. But, and this is a big BUT, it is truly a great place!

I went down there with five other folks to work with one of the local churches. We went with the mission of encouragement and had an opportunity to put on a mini-Bible workshop. This was the second time I had been to Monclova. The people are great and the church is doing some fabulous work. I am really grateful for the chance to spend some time with these wonderful brothers and sisters.

Although this was my second time with this church body, I did experience a first. Lou Seckler, a good friend and mentor, and I team taught a congregational class on Sunday morning. He and I bounced around ideas of Biblical love and how it plays out among a body of believers, families and in our everyday life. I really felt like God allowed me to take a big step through this experience. Its one thing to carry on a conversation in another language; however, teaching a large group of people (in a somewhat formal manner) is certainly different. I was so very thankful for the opportunity. And, of course, thankful that God touched my tongue that morning and taught His people.

What a great trip and what a blessing it was to me! May God be praised....

No comments: