Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I the Lord do not change.

When Lloyd Douglas, author of The Robe and other novels, attended college, he lived in a boardinghouse. A retired, wheelchair-bound music professor resided on the first floor. Each morning Douglas would stick his head in the door of the teacher's apartment and ask the same question, "Well what's the good news?" The old man would pick up his tuning fork, tap it on the side of the wheelchair, and say, "That's middle C! It was middle C yesterday; it will be middle C tomorrow; it will be middle C a thousand years from now. The tenor upstairs sings flat. The piano across the hall is out of tune, but, my friend, that is middle C."

You and I need a middle C. Haven't you had enough change in your life? Relationships change. Health changes. The weather changes. But the Yahweh who ruled the earth last night is the same Yahweh who rules it today. Same convictions. Same plan. Same mood. Same love. He never changes.


Boy....we've been packing lately. Packing for Peru and for Costa Rica simultaneously. I am tired. So is my sweet wife. We've been in transition now for about 10 months, I'd say. We've had suitable living accommodations but we live out of boxes and its been tiresome. Very tiresome. I am ready-very,very ready-for my 'middle C' Costa Rica style!


Credit given to: Traveling Light by Max Lucado

No comments: