It's hard for me to wake up in the middle of the night and in the mornings and realize that all of this isn't a dream. I don't really have anything insightful or deep to say tonight but I wanted everyone to know where we are and how we are doing.
The kids are having a little harder time with the transition from Costa Rica to the US than we expected but I know that "that also shall pass." My sweet Sofia has an unbelievable intuition. Even though we didn't tell her we were going to Abilene or that we were even pregnant, I truly believe she knew something wasn't quite right with Mommy and Daddy. Maddox has been extremely clingy and Sofia just doesn't "want or like" to sleep anymore.
We have quite a few more transitions in the next couple of weeks and the next few months. Please keep our family in your prayers. Here are some requests we would love prayers for:
- Healing physically and emotionally for our losses
- Peace and hope for our future of more children
- The upcoming transition to Abilene and then to Lima, Peru in March
- Wisdom of how to help Sofia and Maddox through these transitions
- Patience as parents while were all a little stressed out
- A deeper relationship with God
- Preparing the hearts of the Peruvians and continued work that is going on there
- For our team as we are all separated right now and transitioning
- For our friends we made at language school and continued growth in those relationships