Monday, October 12, 2009

One Week and Counting!

WOW, it's been one week since I've had sweet Liam. He is honestly a really good baby. He sleeps, poops, pees and eats. He only cries when he is getting his diaper changed.

Sofia has been unreal with him. She has been so helpful and wants to hold him continuously. Sadly she got sick the day I had him and has been fighting it since so we have had to be really careful. All the pictures we have of her holding him she is wearing a mask. Better safe than sorry. Seriously though she is in-love with her baby brother.

Maddox is mommy's little helper. He brings me the diapers, wipes and gives Liam a thousand kisses. All he says is "I'm going to play baseball with my baby." It's so cute.

Tonight both kids helped bathe Liam and it was adorable (even if he cried most of the time.) They absolutely love having him as a part of our family.

A lot of people have asked me how I've been doing regarding my last post before I had Liam. God has been so gracious. Honestly, I was so drugged the entire day on Monday that I had no emotions. Tuesday and Wednesday I had steady visitors that really kept my mind off of things and then Thursday we came home and it got a little tough. I've thought about Levi a ton but have also been able to relish and fall in love with Liam.

I think Sofia helped me understand a little of what I was feeling. Tonight I went in there because Maddox had snuck out of bed and I was afraid he had woken her up. When I went in there she looked at me sleepy-eyed and just said "Mama, I was just praying about Levi and Grandpa Grigg (my grandpa that died last summer), just really praying and thinking about them." She then rolled over and closed her eyes. She hadn't mentioned Levi in quite a while but I think having Liam around has maybe given her some perspective on what she was missing out on.
To make a long story short, her insightful little heart made me realize that that is somewhat what I've been feeling. I look at Liam and in some moments it just makes me miss what I never had with Levi. Liam though has been a tremendous comfort and I'm so thankful that God blessed us with another son.

All in all it has been a wonderful week filled with wonderful help from my mom, meals from our awesome bible class and my sweet aunt and uncle and wonderful visits from friends and family.

More pictures to come, I promise.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

I love you Steph! You're words are not sugar-coated, they are real and they help me and others understand and work through grief as well. You will never know who may stumble upon your blog and feel relief and understood at having so many emotions that contradict each other. You are amazing and I am so proud of you and your ability to express all of this. Thank you.

Pricilla Wyatt said...

I am so reminded by reading your posts that we do serve a faithful God and He is holding your sweet family in His hands! Keep the faith, sister and hold His hand back! Thanks for the encouragement to us all!
Still keeping you in our prayers,
Pricilla

Megan said...

We were blessed to spend quite a bit of time with your teammates minus you guys the past 2 days. We can't wait to meet you and your sweet children. We prayed for that little baby. I can't wait to see pictures. God bless you all!