Thursday, March 04, 2010

Maddox is 3!!!

We had a small party for Maddox tonight and I wanted to post some pictures for our family and friends.
He was SOOOOO excited all day about his party and literally picked every single thing for his party. He picked the party favors for the kids, the theme, plates, color of the cake, sodas, fruit and everything. It was so fun planning his party with him, a boy after my own heart.
He got so excited when everyone started to get here. He just looked at me with a big smile and said "Mom, thanks for my party!" This was before it even started.
His little friend Cailyn got to come and the three kids played, ate TONS of sweets and watched Diego. By Maddox's standards it was a perfect party.
Thanks to our teammates for being a part of Maddox's special day and for our good friends-Shaun, Amanda, Meche and Alex. It wouldn't have been the same without you guys. Love yall
PS-I'll post even more pics tomorrow!

Maddox,
I hope you know how much we love you. You are such a FUN boy and you make us laugh ALL the time. We know there has been so much to adjust to lately with a new sibling, a new country, house, language and everything but we are SO proud of you and how you have handled it. You are getting so BIG and I can't believe I had you 3 years ago and 5:35pm. You were Mama's boy from the minute you came out. The things you like the most right now are Diego, suckers, Curious George, riding Sofia's bike, ropes and brooms (hince the new mini broom you got for your birthday.) We can't wait to see what God has in store for you this year and pray continuously for God to make Himself known to you. Thank you for your sweet prayers, your kind heart towards those "without" and just being you. Hope you had a wonderful birthday.
-Your proud Mommy

Maddox and KK
Love his expression- "Now....I have my very own broom!"
I love my tractor (thanks Davidsons)

The adult party favors (Don't worry Wes, yours is still here)
Maddox requested a blue cake with Spiderman- This was my first cake I made for my kiddos, I think I will do it every time. It's not the cutest but he was so happy and it was CHEAP
Maddox taking a swing at the Spiderman pinata
Maddox-of course what else would he be doing but sweeping up the mess (I wasn't kidding about his broom obsession)
Collecting their Pinata goodies

5 comments:

Nana said...

I loved being there "virtually"! What would I do w/o Skype! Steph, you are the BEST party planner in the world and Maddox did a great job of picking everything out! FUN PARTY!!! Happy birthday sweet Maddox! I know you are eagerly awaiting Mimi and Pawpaw !! YEA! Love you, MOM MIL NANA

Wes said...

So sorry we couldn't be there.

Jake was so sad... he woke up at one point last night, threw up, then mumbled, "but I wanna go to Maddox birth party" then fell back asleep.

Spence and Em said...

Guys!!! Just read up on your blog... I can't believe how big Maddox and Sofia are!!! Good job on getting Sofia to school - I cried just reading your story about it!! We miss you all...

Oh - LOVE Maddox's hair!!!
Love to all,
Emy (Spence, Adam, and Des)

Anonymous said...

Guys!!! Just read up on your blog... I can't believe how big Maddox and Sofia are!!! Good job on getting Sofia to school - I cried just reading your story about it!! We miss you all...

Oh - LOVE Maddox's hair!!!
Love to all,
Emy (Spence, Adam, and Des)

Ann said...

Happy Birthday Maddox! I can't believe he is 3! Great cake, by the way. I love his hair-he is so cute!