Without all the crazy details, here's what's been going on and what we expect in the coming days:
- Landed in Costa Rica on Wednesday with a crazy landing. I bet the pilot wishes he had another shot at this one. He landed the plane with such force that our family's passports and customs documentation, sitting in an empty seat, flew half the plane's length when the pilot slammed on the brakes and hit the reverse thrusts! Imagine me, Lee, running up the plan as we taxi (something I wasn't supposed to be doing and was consequently told so via the loud speaker) looking for three of our four passports. Thankfully, I did find two fairly quickly with the help of about 10 fellow passengers. We got the third document back via a flight attendant that had it waiting on us as we exited the front of the plane (we were sitting about 2/3 of the way back!).
- Found 8 of our 9 checked bags but thankfully got the last one back the following day. This bag had our toiletries, medicines, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. So, needless to say we stunk for a little while as we waited on our bag to be returned (Apparently our bag was taken by another passenger mistakenly. We've decided to love this poor soul anyway!).
- Our Tico home was not ready the day we arrived so we were taken to a temporary house. Video tour to follow in another post.
- Had an epidsode (very short and relatively lite) of culture-shock! It still comes in brief waves but, thankfully, has not been bad. Kind of what we'd expect I guess.
- Moved into our new house today. It is simply fantastic but is still under some construction. With some luck, all will be done this week. Not too bad of an inconvenience. We'll send a video about the new place as well!
- Finally got reliable and consistent internet service. Oh how thankful we are for that!
- Wednesday this week we start orientation for school.
- School starts a week from tomorrow. Should be great....
Here is our Skype number and emails:
Lots of love to you all! Brings us great peace to have you on this journey along with us....