As I got ready to go to the hotel this morning I went to our front porch area and kept on thinking "something doesn't look right", "oh yeah, my stroller is MIA." I'm at the hotel now with my kiddos to try and get some relaxation (what in the world was I thinking to come here by myself) and some pool time. I thought I would finish this post here. I'm mostly angry because this stroller was in the making for a LONG time (we researched double jogging strollers forever) and it was a gift from some friends. The bob stroller was a life saver for us in Costa Ricca so we are back to square one. Either Lee and I are going to get really strong from holding our kids or were going to have to break down and buy another one. Man this kind of stinks. Strollers aren't really those items you can live without here in CR. Sorry, I'm just totally venting my frustrations here cause everyone is in church right now, Lee is gone and I have two kids that don't have a clue what is going on.
Ok so here is the good news:
- Yesterday I took the kids everywhere around town. Probably the most I have walked in one day since we've been here. We went to the market, two parks and I got some great use out of my last day with it.
- My parents are coming in a couple of weeks so they could bring us a new one (sorry mom and dad for the extra luggage)
- Whoever gets it off the black market will have an amazing stroller for their kids
- They actually bent the metal bars that have sharp points that are on top of our 12 foot wall of bars. Our landlord was planning on putting barbed wire up and now it will probably happen sooner.
- Last but probably most importantly the balcony is right by where they bent the bars and where the door to my room is. I did not lock my door last night and they could have easily walked in.
Lee-if your reading this, sorry babe. I can't wait to see you tomorrow.