Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our Stroller

So I'm in between being angry and also just realizing that stuff is just stuff. Lee has been gone to Panama since Friday morning at 5am and won't be back until tomorrow night. He is gone getting his scuba diving certification. I decided a bus trip for 8 hours with both kids might not be a good idea. As I'm writing Lee doesn't even know yet but our stroller is gone.

As I got ready to go to the hotel this morning I went to our front porch area and kept on thinking "something doesn't look right", "oh yeah, my stroller is MIA." I'm at the hotel now with my kiddos to try and get some relaxation (what in the world was I thinking to come here by myself) and some pool time. I thought I would finish this post here. I'm mostly angry because this stroller was in the making for a LONG time (we researched double jogging strollers forever) and it was a gift from some friends. The bob stroller was a life saver for us in Costa Ricca so we are back to square one. Either Lee and I are going to get really strong from holding our kids or were going to have to break down and buy another one. Man this kind of stinks. Strollers aren't really those items you can live without here in CR. Sorry, I'm just totally venting my frustrations here cause everyone is in church right now, Lee is gone and I have two kids that don't have a clue what is going on.

Ok so here is the good news:
  • Yesterday I took the kids everywhere around town. Probably the most I have walked in one day since we've been here. We went to the market, two parks and I got some great use out of my last day with it.
  • My parents are coming in a couple of weeks so they could bring us a new one (sorry mom and dad for the extra luggage)
  • Whoever gets it off the black market will have an amazing stroller for their kids
  • They actually bent the metal bars that have sharp points that are on top of our 12 foot wall of bars. Our landlord was planning on putting barbed wire up and now it will probably happen sooner.
  • Last but probably most importantly the balcony is right by where they bent the bars and where the door to my room is. I did not lock my door last night and they could have easily walked in.
So needless to say there is a lot to be thankful for. I can only hope someone somewhere is enjoying the most expensive item we brought with us! Sorry I just had to put in one more complaint. Let's just remember that my children and I are safe and the only thing gone is replaceable.

Lee-if your reading this, sorry babe. I can't wait to see you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jenny Wilkinson said...

That is really frustrating. Good job at playing the glad game.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie that is so annoying! I'm so sorry. I"m so glad yall are okay though. Yes, you are doing a good job being positive! But that is really frustrating for yall. Love you and glad you and Lee got to get away (just now catching up on your blog) and have a great time. Love you and praying for yall!

Anonymous said...

After all that work that you've endured DAILY for that place to be "safe"!! Yikes! But, I am so thankful it was an MIA stroller and not you and the kids who were harmed!! We can't wait to get there and enjoy some time together!! Can't believe my baby is going to be 30!!!!!!!!!
love and hugs

Anonymous said...

so sorry about the stroller. stay positive... you are doing great things!
Karla