Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Greetings from Peru

As many of you know, I've been in Peru since Monday the 20th looking for homes, buying appliances, etc., all in an effort to make our life in Peru smooth when we arrive. The two couples on our team that now live in Peru both had to spend a month or so in hotels & short-term apartments while they looked for a house to lease, furnish it and get setup. Stephanie and I decided it would be beneficial for me to come early so that we might be able to avoid these temporary living quarters and go straight into our new home. So, that's why I'm here. I have to say it has turned out, thus far, to be a good decision, and one which God has blessed with open doors to accomplish the goals I had laid out.

In a nutshell, I spent the first week here looking at every house I could find. I believe the final count on visits was 12 or 13 which included houses that were "no ways" and those that were "we'd love it but there is no way on earth we can afford to pay that." Thankfully, however, we were blessed to find a house that will work wonderfully for our family and our work. On Monday, I was able to sign the lease for this new place.

Since that seems to be taken care of, I began recently looking for and purchasing appliances. It is quite surreal to being doing what I'm doing, setting up a home with furnishing in a new country that will soon be our home. It seems like such a long time in the making. I have to say I am so very thankful that things are coming together and that we are almost here.

Some things to be praying about, if you will, are the rest of our time in the US, our baby boy expected in October, Stephanie's health during the pregnancy, and-of course-our transition as this next step will certainly qualify as a big one. We would love knowing that you pray for us and that God will direct the steps of our life together.

Thank you for walking this journey with us.

No comments: