Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Fall Festival

On Halloween we decided to have a small fall festival for our kiddos and some of the other missionary families at our school. We have been so blessed to have really built some great relationships with several families at I.L.E. (that's the abbreviated name of our school.)



Sofia as a ballerina (our costumes were whatever we had in the playroom!)




Maddox and Cailyn (our little Hawaiian's, they are the bestest of friends)



What were we thinking trying to take a picture with all the kids at the party!



Maddox and the Ladies


Just for fun let me give you a recap of some of the places our fellow students (and new friends) are going to serve:

One of the families will be serving right here in Costa Rica, another in Cuba and even one that will be serving in Lima too!!! I know this is a side note but I have to mention it-in my class alone I'm learning along side 4 other women all of varying ages going to Honduras, Chile, Ecuador and Cuba. How awesome is that? We get to be in class together on a daily basis learning to speak a language to further God's kingdom. This is actually the first school I've enjoyed going to (continuously that is) and getting ready for in the morning. Don't get me wrong, growing up I enjoyed going to school but it was completely for social reasons not educational ones.

Ok, sorry about that tangent. The fall festival consisted of a cake walk, bobbing for apples, a fishing game, drawing pumpkins, a ball toss and lots of fun. We had it at our house and the Thompson's next door and just went back and forth. The kids dressed up and had a blast. We just wanted the air to feel a little fallish for the kiddos. Thanks to all of you parents back home that provided everything for our party via airmail, y'all are the best. Ok, well that's all I have to say about our festival, enjoy some pics

3 comments:

Olivia said...

Happy Birthday Steph! I hope you are doing well. We stayed with the Morgan's this weekend and we found out they know you guys from the team in Costa Rica. God is so neat sometimes with how He brings people's lives together! Sofia looks so pretty.

Anonymous said...

love all of the latest entries. very fun to see what is going on. love the tea party and fall festival pics!
K

Summer said...

Cute fall fest and tea party, and I LOVE the birthday surprise. How funny was that? Wish I could have witnessed it. We miss you guys, and love you. Looking forward to hearing some of these stories in person in a few months! Thanks for the updates on this blog. I read more than I comment, but I did want you to know that I am thinking of you guys, praying for you, and missing you. . .