Saturday, August 15, 2009

Moving In

Well, a lot happened during my three weeks in Peru! In fact, "a lot" is probably putting it mildly. In a nutshell, here is what happened: found a house, bought appliances, bought a couple of beds, bought a couch, finalized the Peru side of shipping necessities, met and hung out with our new friends on the Arequipa mission team, visited the church sponsoring our visas, researched schools for our kids, met with a few other missionaries working either full-time or via short-term efforts in Peru, spent some great time both talking and praying with my teammates, and then moved our shipped-in goods into our home. Whew....what a week and how thankful I am for its productivity. God threw the door of opportunity wide open to allow my time in Peru to be beneficial. I really am grateful for these accomplishments as three weeks away from my wife and kids sure better have a "worth-while" side. Lord willing, the things that took place during my trip will make our quickly approaching transition that much smoother. Following are a few pics of move-in day:








2 comments:

Megan said...

Lee, it was great meeting you. We cannot wait to meet your entire family and show you Arequipa one day!

We are praying for you all with your upcoming transitions. I am so excited to see what God will do in Peru in the coming years.

Olivia said...

You are superman Lee! We are praying for all of you.